Making a snapshot
In order to protect the content of the virtual machine from unexpected failure due to e.g. reconfiguration of applications running inside the VM, a virtual machine snapshot can be created.
- Right-click on the selected VM
- Select Create Snapshot from the menu
- Decide how the snapshot is to be done
- Click OK
- A Snapshot is being created
Reverting VM to Snapshot
- Right-click on VM you want revert to Snapshot (condition: VM must have an existing snapshot)
- From the menu select Revert to Snapshot
- Confirm by clicking OK
Deleting a Snapshot
- Right-click on the VM from which the snapshot is to be removed (condition: VM must have an existing snapshot)
- From menu select Remove Snapshot
- Confirm Snapshot removal by clicking OK
It is possible to make a snapshot of the whole vApp (group of Virtual Machines) as well. This is done in a way very similar to the creation of a snapshot of single Virtual Machine.