SWAN, a.s., is a rapidly developing Slovak telecommunications service provider, which aims to provide customers with professional telecommunications solutions of the highest quality. Technological capacities, portfolio of services and rapid development of the company rank SWAN among innovators and leaders within the Slovak national market.
SWAN, a.s., with more than ten-year experience within the Slovak telco market
- performs voice, data and internet services on the basis of the following technological platforms: Wireless Access Networks FWA 3,5 GHz (WiMAX) and FWA 26 GHz, Point to Point radio-relay connectors as well as optical routes, plus a voice switch in the ownership of the company to provide fixed telephone services
- is prepared to meet needs of clients from various sectors – from public administration, financial institutions, through multinational chains, local and global operators, up to residential customers
- its mother company is DanubiaTel, Inc.
- operates in the national (later also international) telco market from 2001
- provides its services within the whole area of the Slovak Republic being at the same time a trade partner to foreign telco companies (Interoute, AT&T, Telefónica Czech Republic, a.s., A1 Telekom Austria)
- has its head office in Bratislava
- has its branch offices in regional centres Banská Bystrica, Košice, Nitra, Trnava, Trenčín, Púchov, Malacky, Komárno and also trade partners all over the country
- has its Network Operation Centre in Bratislava and Prešov
- uses human potential, know-how, experience and skills of more than 200 qualified employees
- uses the largest Backbone within Slovak telecommunications market connecting more than 130 towns over the Slovak Republic
- flexibility of the Backbone enables innovations of provided services as rapidly as possible
- owns national licences to operate within frequency bands FWA 3,5 as well as 26 GHz
- is authorized to build networks and provide services by means of both wireless access networks mentioned above
- owns fibre-optic network in Bratislava (more than 130 km), Trnava, Nitra, Sereď, Pezinok, Trenčín, Nová Dubnica, Dubnica nad Váhom, Púchov, Malacky, Košice, Komárno, Zvolen, Trenčianske Teplice and Banská Bystrica
- enlarges existing fibre-optic network continuously
- in January 2014 obtained in the tender two 15-megahertz (MHz) blocks in the 1,800 MHz band, which allows the company to build a high-speed data transfer network and join the group of the three established operators providing full mobile services in Slovakia
SWAN aims to reach a stable place among leading companies of the Slovak telco market and acts as a responsive technological leader in the area of modern and cost-effective solutions.